Suggestion: Ship calculator

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Nomad

Suggestion: Ship calculator

Post by Nomad » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:47 am

Hi,

Is it possible to create a ship calculator, I don't think any website guide made such a thing but due to the sheer amount of sailors and their numerical values for every type of sea and its levels make it hard to plan ahead of which sailors to get and if the ship is suitable for certain sea types.

So the calculator should be something like:

- select a ship > show basic stats for level 1
- select ship level > show resistance stats based on level
- drag and drop sailors > filtered sailors based on their availability to this ship type or if they are available to any ship > resistance stats change based on the sailors you select
- no. available sailors to select based on the ship level.
- skin resistance allocation values.
- show resistance based on the sea type and its level.
- Bonus addition: list of total material needed to upgrade the ship to the selected level.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Ship calculator

Post by Kiriak » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Hmm, is it really so necessary? I mean, me personally is always using "auto" setting to select crew for the Mansion ship missions. As for the open world, basically any setup works for me, and if I intend to visit certain area, there is only one effect should be taken into the account and all others could be just ignored. In other words, you just select sailors with top numbers of needed resistance.
In my opinion the devs simplified the sea in v2.0 so it doesn't needs any fancy sailor setup anymore.

Maybe i'm missing something, though. If so, please tell me, why such calculator could be important.

P.S "list of total material needed to upgrade the ship to the selected level." - already shown on the ship's page.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 am

Sorry for the late reply, the calculator is not for estate ofc its purpose for the voyage events. it is better to run the simulator of ship level and sailor available to buy before spending pirate coins and discover later the ship nor the selection of sailors are good for this particular voyage event.
The numerical values of plus and minus on every sailor make it hard to check if the ship resistant to different climates. Some of the voyage events require a ship well around resistant in multiple climates.

I just came with this idea because I have a friend who leveled a ship to 10 and bought sailors then he discovered later he can't run papu voyage event with that setup because his ship got wrecked fast. so all resources and pirate coins went to the drain.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Sorry for my late answer as well. Now I understand. It indeed could be useful.
Can't say when I could make on though. Will be quite busy with different tasks in upcoming months.

OpaAndy

Post by OpaAndy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

Wenn sowas kommt dann bitte auch in deutsch.
Bin 70 Jahre alt und der englischen Sprache nicht mächtig